Preschool Intermediate (3 – 4 yrs)
Our Intermediate program sets the stage for children’s success in school and in life. Our staff provides ongoing efforts to value children as individuals and embrace their unique contributions to the classroom community, which will inspire in them a love of learning that will last a lifetime.
We believe that children learn best when they are actively involved with materials and with others. That’s why our preschool programs place so much emphasis on setting up the proper learning environment and building positive, meaningful relationships with children and their families.
- Teach literacy, math, science, social studies, the arts, and technology throughout the day.
- Observations and assessments to parents that demonstrate your child’s progress.
- A wide range of instructional strategies–from child-initiated to teacher-directed learning–to best respond to children’s strengths and interests and the material being taught.
- Guidance on building social competence in children, teaching social problem-solving skills, and responding to challenging behavior.
Our curriculum identifies goals in all areas of development:
- Social: To help children feel comfortable in school, trust their new environment, make friends, and feel they are a part of the group.
- Emotional: To help children experience pride and self- confidence, develop independence and self-control, and have a positive attitude toward life.
- Cognitive: To help children become confident learners by letting them try out their own ideas and experience success, and by helping them acquire learning skills such as the ability to solve problems, ask questions, and use words to describe their ideas, observations, and feelings.
- Physical: To help children increase their large and small muscle skills and feel confident about what their bodies can do.