Pre K (4 – 5 yrs)
Our Pre K program takes into account that this age is a crucial time for children’s cognitive development. We understand that young children are ready and excited to develop skills and understanding in math, literacy, science, language and technology and our curriculum is designed around these subjects. We feel that focusing on these domains will enable the children in our care to build the skills, knowledge and attitudes that will prepare them for future academic success.
- Cognitively stimulating curriculum with a strong emphasis on literacy, math, science, social studies, the arts, technology and physical education experiences.
- Attention to the whole child, including his/her social, emotional, and physical/motor development.
- Children are taught with hands on materials, games and songs.
- Assessment by observation and work samples.
- Family involvement including regular communication, as well as opportunities and encouragement for parents to be engaged in their children’s education.
Our curriculum identifies goals in all areas of development:
- Social: To help children feel comfortable in school, trust their new environment, make friends, and feel they are a part of the group.
- Emotional: To help children experience pride and self- confidence, develop independence and self-control, and have a positive attitude toward life.
- Cognitive: To help children become confident learners by letting them try out their own ideas and experience success, and by helping them acquire learning skills such as the ability to solve problems, ask questions, and use words to describe their ideas, observations, and feelings.
- Physical: To help children increase their large and small muscle skills and feel confident about what their bodies can do.